Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org> on 2004/04/11 12:12:42 UTC

Announcing SURBL mailing lists

Hello SA Users and Developers,
Raymond Dijkxhoorn has very kindly set up three Mailman-powered
mailing lists for folks using or interested in SURBL:

  http://lists.surbl.org/

Announce  - SURBL Announcement list [READONLY]

  This is an announcement-only list for SURBL users. Message
  volume should be very low, at probably fewer than one a month
  when things get stable. Everyone interested in the status of
  SURBL is encouraged to join.

Discuss   - SURBL Discussion list

  This is a discussion list for all SURBL users. Typically they
  will be administrators of mail servers with message body URI
  extraction and domain matching capabilities, for example using
  SpamAssassin, in order to compare the domains against an SURBL.
  Of key concern is the sharing of any *false positive domains so
  that they can be whitelisted quickly to prevent future false
  positives*. Hopefully the message volume will be low, though
  reasoned questions and discussion about the project are
  welcomed.

Zones     - URBL Zonelist (DNS/Rsync admins) - RESTRICTED

  This is a mailing list for administrators of SURBL secondary
  DNS servers and zone file rsync server administrators. It should
  be considered mandatory for those administrators. Messages will
  be very infrequent, such as the rare addition of a new RBL zone.
  Discussion of issues of concern to all SURBL DNS/rsync
  administrators is ok if it's significant and infrequent.

I'd encourage anyone who is using SURBL to sign up for the
announcement list, and anyone with suggestions or questions
about the approach to ask them on the discussion list.

DNS and rsync server admins have already been contacted about
the zones list.

**Note, we are seeking more secondaries for the SURBL zone files.**

Anyone who would like us to help us secondary or rsync serve
the SURBL zone files is encouraged to contact me for BIND-
compatible secondary DNS info at jeffc@surbl.org or
Raymond for rsync access to BIND or rbldns zone files at
rsync@surbl.org .

Cheers, and thanks again to Raymond for setting up the lists!

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc@surbl.org-nospam

Re: How can I catch this spam:

Posted by B-LUC Consulting <co...@btoy1.net>.
How can I catch spam that is in an email structured like this: