Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2013/10/23 14:55:08 UTC

Delete via post servlet - reject requests that have selectors, extension or a suffix?

Hi,

See SLING-3203, I'm suggesting a patch that does this to avoid
deleting the parent node of non-existent nodes in some cases.

This causes the :delete post servlet operation to work slightly
differently than before.

Assuming we want to implement this, do we need to make it switchable
for backwards compatibility? Such requests make no sense in general,
so I'd at least enable it by default, but there might be edge cases.

-Bertrand