Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by cineva <an...@yahoo.com> on 2013/07/18 10:43:59 UTC

Can the message id of a message be set by the client?

setCMSMessageID only works for setting the message id after receiving the
message. I would want to know if there is a way of the client generating
message ids for the message it sends.

Re: Can the message id of a message be set by the client?

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 07/18/2013 04:43 AM, cineva wrote:
> setCMSMessageID only works for setting the message id after receiving the
> message. I would want to know if there is a way of the client generating
> message ids for the message it sends.

No, the MessageID is set by the provider, you can set your own ID in a
message property.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.

Re: Can the message id of a message be set by the client?

Posted by cineva <an...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the clarification.