Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk> on 2004/08/16 11:50:57 UTC

Cocoon GetTogether 2004 Call for Proposals

Dear all,

For the third year in a row, the Cocoon GetTogether is back. Same place
(Ghent - Belgium) and almost same time (targeting October 11th-12th).

In the next few weeks we will spread all the details about the
conference plan, logistics, costs and the like. For now, it's our
pleasure to officially open the Call For Proposals phase. We are
looking for you to come on stage and talk about all things Cocoon.
People who want to present during the GetTogether are kindly requested
to send in a presentation proposal. Presentation topics will be
screened for cluefulness, in the sense that we don't want any
commercial presentations. Introductory, tutorial-like stuff into new or
advanced topics are much appreciated though. Please send in your
presentation proposal to gt2004-speaking at orixo.com - see below for a
template to help you in filling out a proposal.

GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL

Do not include proprietary or confidential material in your proposals.
We will assume that you do not consider any material included in the
proposals to be confidential. All conference presentations are
vendor-agnostic and should focus on technology. Your proposal should
contain the following information:

1. Proposed title for the talk/session/debate.
2. Brief outline or abstract of the talk/session/debate * Please be as
concise as possible.
    * Please write in third-person context.
    * Please list any prerequisite sessions or knowledge you feel is
essential.
    * Indicate, if applicable, if this is a beginning or advanced talk.
3. For all proposed speakers, include: speaker name, title, company,
address, email, phone number, fax and website.
4. Biography for the proposed speaker(s) showing relevant experience
and qualification to speak on the proposed subject matter (not to
exceed 250 words).
5. Primary contact/founder name, title, company, address, email and
phone number.

DEADLINE for proposal : September 7th, 2004

Proposals should be sent to: gt2004-speaking at orixo.com.

All speakers are required to submit copies of their presentations at
least 2 weeks before the conference. These presentations will be
included in the conference notes. All presentations will be made
available after the conference in electronic (PDF) format.

Andrew, on behalf of the GT 2004 organising team.

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/