Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/10 19:16:35 UTC

testHDFSConf.xml

Hello HDFS brethren !

I've noticed that the testHDFSConf.xml has alot of references to
supergroup.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/trunk/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/test/resources/testHDFSConf.xml

1) I wonder why this is hardcoded in the testHDFSConf.xml

2) Also, Im wondering if there are any good ideas for extending/modifying
this file for a extention of the FileSystem implementation.

Right  now im doing some global find replace statements - but was thinking
that maybe parameterizing the file would be a good JIRA - so that people
could use this as a base test for FileSystem implementations

Depending on feedback im certainly willing to submit and put in a first
pass at a more modular version of this file.

Its in many ways a very generalizable component of the hdfs trunk.

Thanks!
--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com

Re: testHDFSConf.xml

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
The test cases weren't split  - there's only testHDFS suite. However, the
drivers available for common and mapreduce, so all you need to do is to add
your tests cases a-la hdfs.

Cos

Re: testHDFSConf.xml

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.