Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Wacław Schiller <wa...@smallthings.pl> on 2009/09/02 13:06:33 UTC

Re: Problem deploying axis on jboss

Wacław Schiller pisze:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to deploy a .war file with some things, axis amongst it, to
> a Jboss-4.0.5 server.
>
> I have a WSDL file I'm writing webservice server for. The wsdl2java
> generated some code, and now I'm trying to integrate and deploy it.
>
> Thing is, when I deploy the app, I get no errors. I can see the list
> of deployed services at the servlet address (the "And now... Some
> Services" page). I see my service, but when I try to click the wsdl
> link, I get an error "Could not generate WSDL! There is no SOAP
> service at this location". In server logs I get a beatull AxisFault
> {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:The AXIS engine could not find
> a target service to invoke!  targetService is null
>
> It sees that something is deployed at that adress, because when I
> delete the ?wsdl parameter I see familiar "this is an AXIS service"
> message, and when I change name to something else I get standard "No
> service is available at this URL.
>

> I guess I'm missing something obvious, but I don't know what. Can
> someone point me in the right direction? Or ask what required info I
> haven't provided?
> Torinthiel

Ok, I've figured out what was the problem.
I didn't want to (and lated proved couldn't) use standard deployment
method, with first deploying Axis and later invoking
org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient class with deploy.wsdd.
I wanted a standalone .war file, that I could deploy and it should work.
It also later proved, that I couldn't do it the documented way, because
AdminService accepts connections only from localhost, and I didn't find
a way to call it if application server is bound to a specific interface.

What I did, was simply renamed deploy.wsdd to server-config.wsdd and put
in in WEB-INF directory.
As there's no default server-config.wsdd available in the binary release
and nothing in documentation suggests there are some more required
elements in server-config, I was certain that it should work.
What would help is

a) put default server-config.wsdd in the web-app directory for binary
release (it's quite hard to find even if you download the sources)

or

b) put a standalone deployment description somewhere in the documentation.

As for now, deploying standalone is simply try and guess, with no
sensible error messages.

Torinthiel