Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Steffanina, Jeff" <Je...@marriott.com> on 2008/08/26 14:05:50 UTC

Issue with LineFeed

Friends,
Issue: When the first column in the table row contains 'TH', I want to
do a LINE FEED   before  the remainder of the table row is printed.  The
other components in the "choose" are working perfectly.    In general, I
am having problems forcing a line feed at various point in my style
sheet.  I would appreciate any hints.

<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="./vouc-type='TR' or ./vouc-type='DR' or
./vouc-type='CC'">
      <xsl:attribute
name="white-space-treatment">preserve</xsl:attribute>
    <fo:block font-style="italic"  line-height=".14in" >
        <xsl:text>     </xsl:text><xsl:value-of
select="vouc-charge-date"/>
      </fo:block>
</xsl:when>

<xsl:when test="./vouc-type='TH'">
        <xsl:attribute
name="white-space-treatment">preserve</xsl:attribute>
  <fo:block >
        <xsl:text>&#x0A;</xsl:text>
  </fo:block>
</xsl:when>

<xsl:otherwise>
        <xsl:attribute
name="white-space-treatment">preserve</xsl:attribute>
        <xsl:value-of select="vouc-charge-date"/>
</xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>
</fo:block>

Jeff

Re: Issue with LineFeed

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On Aug 26, 2008, at 14:45, Steffanina, Jeff wrote:

Hi Jeff

> Eric,
> The table was looking great until yesterday when the user made the
> request:  If the vouc-type='TH' then insert a linefeed BEFORE the
> table row that includes the 'TH'  is printed.
>
> I am trying to change as little logic as possible.  Your diagram of
> the output is exactly right.  In my sample of the code, I do not
> get the linefeed in ANY situation.

I think you need 'linefeed-treatment="preserve"'. Mind that this will
preserve *any* linefeed in the related block/text, so you have to be
very careful that no superfluous linefeeds end up in the output
(mostly this happens due to the built-in template rule for text,
which also gets applied to text nodes containing nothing but a linefeed)

HTH!

Cheers

Andreas

RE: Issue with LineFeed

Posted by "Steffanina, Jeff" <Je...@marriott.com>.
Eric,

________________________________

Posted by "Steffanina, Jeff" <Je...@marriott.com>.
Andreas,
I made the change.  However, I get the blank rows AFTER the 'TH' line.
I need the blank rows BEFORE the 'TH' line.

<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="./vouc-type='TR' or ./vouc-type='DR' or
./vouc-type='CC'">
      <xsl:attribute
name="white-space-treatment">preserve</xsl:attribute>
    <fo:block font-style="italic"  line-height=".14in" >
        <xsl:text>     </xsl:text><xsl:value-of
select="vouc-charge-date"/>
      </fo:block>
</xsl:when>
<xsl:when test="./vouc-type='TH'">
<xsl:attribute name="linefeed-treatment">preserve</xsl:attribute>
        <xsl:text>&#x0A;&#x0A;</xsl:text>

Posted by "Steffanina, Jeff" <Je...@marriott.com>.
Eric / Andreas,
I have resolved my spacing issue as you suggested!!

Thank you very much for the assistance.

Jeff

On Aug 26, 2008, at 21:18, Steffanina, Jeff wrote:

Hi Jeff

(see below)

> I may have confused the issue.  If I take your sample output from
> earlier...   I need the blank line ABOVE the TH.  The TH is a
> header line that must be preceded by a blank row when it is found
> in column1 of the table.
>
> DC       column 2
> TH
>             column 2
> TR        column 2
>
> See my  "choose" logic below.
> <snip />

> <xsl:choose>
> <xsl:when test="./vouc-type='TR' or ./vouc-type='DR' or ./vouc-
> type='CC'">
>       <xsl:attribute name="white-space-treatment">preserve</
> xsl:attribute>
>
>     <fo:block font-style="italic"  line-height=".14in" >
>
>         <xsl:text>     </xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="vouc-charge-
> date"/>
>       </fo:block>
> </xsl:when>
>
> <xsl:when test="./vouc-type='TH'">
>         <xsl:attribute name="white-space-treatment">preserve</
> xsl:attribute>

add:

Re: Issue with LineFeed

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On Aug 26, 2008, at 21:18, Steffanina, Jeff wrote:

Hi Jeff

(see below)

> I may have confused the issue.  If I take your sample output from
> earlier...   I need the blank line ABOVE the TH.  The TH is a
> header line that must be preceded by a blank row when it is found
> in column1 of the table.
>
> DC       column 2
> TH
>             column 2
> TR        column 2
>
> See my  "choose" logic below.
> <snip />

> <xsl:choose>
> <xsl:when test="./vouc-type='TR' or ./vouc-type='DR' or ./vouc-
> type='CC'">
>       <xsl:attribute name="white-space-treatment">preserve</
> xsl:attribute>
>
>     <fo:block font-style="italic"  line-height=".14in" >
>
>         <xsl:text>     </xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="vouc-charge-
> date"/>
>       </fo:block>
> </xsl:when>
>
> <xsl:when test="./vouc-type='TH'">
>         <xsl:attribute name="white-space-treatment">preserve</
> xsl:attribute>

add:

RE: Issue with LineFeed

RE: Issue with LineFeed