Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com> on 2008/01/08 20:34:43 UTC

Re: Comet API Question

yes, uncommenting that valve in context.xml should do the trick, is it
not firing or are you just not catching it?

2nd question, currently it just marks the request/response as non comet,
and then calls response.finishResponse(), this will write any left over
bytes to the socket.

Filip

Re: Comet API Question

Posted by Jens Hagel <ha...@gmail.com>.
i'm catching the subevents but they don't get fired.

i've a problem with this szenario:
i need to reset some serverside variables when the user clicks the reload
button in the browser with an active hanging get request.
i therefore used the main END event for detection because the subevents
don't work for better separation. this works fine when i'm not behind a
proxy. but if i'm behind a proxy the END event is not fired (perhaps the
proxy is still holding the connection?)
do you have an idea what happens when there is a proxy between the server
and the client and how i can reset the variables?

kind regards,
jens