Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Xingbo Jiang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/07 22:53:24 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 3.0.0-preview

Hi all,

To enable wide-scale community testing of the upcoming Spark 3.0 release,
the Apache Spark community has posted a preview release of Spark 3.0. This
preview is *not a stable release in terms of either API or functionality*,
but it is meant to give the community early access to try the code that
will become Spark 3.0. If you would like to test the release, please
download it, and send feedback using either the mailing lists
<https://spark.apache.org/community.html> or JIRA
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin%3Asummary-page>
.

There are a lot of exciting new features added to Spark 3.0, including
Dynamic Partition Pruning, Adaptive Query Execution, Accelerator-aware
Scheduling, Data Source API with Catalog Supports, Vectorization in SparkR,
support of Hadoop 3/JDK 11/Scala 2.12, and many more. For a full list of
major features and changes in Spark 3.0.0-preview, please check the thread(
http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/Spark-3-0-preview-release-feature-list-and-major-changes-td28050.html
).

We'd like to thank our contributors and users for their contributions and
early feedback to this release. This release would not have been possible
without you.

To download Spark 3.0.0-preview, head over to the download page:
https://archive.apache.org/dist/spark/spark-3.0.0-preview

Thanks,

Xingbo

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 3.0.0-preview

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.
> Data Source API with Catalog Supports

Where can we read more about this? The linked Nabble thread doesn't mention
the word "Catalog".