Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Massimo Simoniello <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/15 13:11:29 UTC

HADOOP & CUDA

Hi, I'm working on hadoop 2.2.0 and I'm writting a C++ application with
pipes. I would like to use also CUDA in my mapper/reducer but I'm not able
to find enough info.
I'have found this interesting slide:
http://www.slideshare.net/airbots/cuda-29330283 and this page in the wiki
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/CUDA%20On%20Hadoop.

I don't understand where are these functions:

   - void processHadoopData(string& input);
   - void cudaCompute(std::map<string,string>& output);

I don't understand where I have to write the code and if it is really
possible.

Is there any tutorial to learning how to configure hadoop+cuda, write the
code, compile it, execute it?

Is there any example?

Re: HADOOP & CUDA

Posted by Massimo Simoniello <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Viacheslav!
It works and it's more simple thank I thought.

Regards,

Massimo

Re: HADOOP & CUDA

Posted by Massimo Simoniello <ma...@gmail.com>.