Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by mi...@aol.com on 2015/01/10 18:47:36 UTC

Spell-Check buttons on tool bar

The blue “Spelling and Grammar” button checks every single word, one at a time, whether or not it was spelled incorrectly.

And the red “Auto Spellcheck” button underlines every single word in red, whether or not it was spelled incorrectly.

I “uninstalled” OpenOffice 4.1, and then “reinstalled” it, but the same problem persisted.

Can you help me ?  Thank you, Michael J. M.

Re: Spell-Check buttons on tool bar

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sat, 10 Jan 2015 12:47:36 -0500
michaelsaint64@aol.com wrote:

> The blue “Spelling and Grammar” button checks every single word, one at a time, whether or not it was spelled incorrectly.
>
> And the red “Auto Spellcheck” button underlines every single word in red, whether or not it was spelled incorrectly.
>
> I “uninstalled” OpenOffice 4.1, and then “reinstalled” it, but the same problem persisted.
>
> Can you help me ?  Thank you, Michael J. M.

Delete or rename your OpenOffice User Profile.  Details are in
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426

An un/re-install of OpenOffice does not affect the User Profile.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>