Posted to commits@xerces.apache.org by "Jiang-Ackermann, Lijun" <lj...@debis.com> on 2000/06/29 13:13:48 UTC

normalize() method not found

Hi,

I am using xerces.jar of version 1.1.1

I used the methode normalize() in my class like following:

              Element elem = doc.getDocumentElement();
             elem.normalize();

The compiler has done its work very well, but as I start
the program, the following error message appears:

--Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node:
method
  normalize()V not found --

I have also used Java Reflection to check all methods in class Node, the
reflection
has also not found this method. But I have seen the implementation in class
ElementImpl.

Does anyone has also such Problem yet? Thanks for any advice.

Lijun

debis Systemhaus                Tel.  +49 2408 943 485
Pascalstraße 14                 Fax.  +49 2408 943 424
52076 Aachen                  email: ljiangac@debis.com