Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jason R Lee <jr...@novocorp.com> on 2002/03/11 23:20:02 UTC

Db bean issue

Hello anyone who's out there,

I have an 'issue' that is rearing its head again and wld like to get anyones take on it. It concerns beans & db and the lack (or maybe not) of a kinda jakarta proj/framework like struts, but addresses the back end.

I know, there's EJB, etc... But, after working on EJB and non-EJB projects, I'm not convinved EJB is any more scalable or distributable than a good implementation of data aware beans - or something along those lines.

I helped design a quite popular, big air travel site that took a non-EJB approach and worked well and scaled across 15 Sun boxes without a hitch. However, the implementation was a little complex and now that I'm working on another project, I'd like to have the same thing at a simpler level.

So I guess I'm just kinda saying hi to the Commons proj and trying to see if anyone has thought about this issue. Especially since there is no Jakarta sub-project or Commons portion addressing this issue.

Thanks and hi,

- Jason

Re: Db bean issue

Posted by Bryan Field-Elliot <br...@netmeme.org>.