Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Allasso Travesser <al...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/01 23:16:05 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_evasive - DOSBlockingPeriod ignored?

Dear List,

I am attempting to set up mod_evasive and I have been testing with the following configuration:

<IfModule mod_evasive20.c>
  DOSHashTableSize    3097
  DOSPageCount        3
  DOSSiteCount        3
  DOSPageInterval     5
  DOSSiteInterval     5
  DOSBlockingPeriod   60
  DOSEmailNotify      xyz@gmail.com
</IfModule>

I have been testing by clicking links in skeletal test pages (pages only have links, no images or anything else that loads when the page loads) and it apparently seems to be working.  It appears to be regulated by the page count and page interval directives properly, however, from what I observe, DOSBlockingPeriod seems to have no effect.  If I wait for just a few seconds (about 3), I can start loading pages again.

Can anyone shed light on this please?

Thank you kindly,

Allasso Travesser

Re: [users@httpd] mod_evasive - DOSBlockingPeriod ignored?

Posted by Fred Miller <fj...@gmail.com>.
Please take me off this email list. I've already unsubscribed.