Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Inquistive allen <in...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/21 13:16:05 UTC

Multi dc replication failing

Hello Team,

I have a multi dc Cassandra setup.
We write and read using local quorum to a particular datacenter A

The replica definition in schema is correct.
Sometimes we don't see data getting correctly replicated to datacenter B.

I need to know what may be different ways to troubleshoot this.
What are the key metrics, details, log patterns I may look for

Thanks

Re: Multi dc replication failing

Posted by Bowen Song <bo...@bso.ng>.
You've sent the email from a different email address. I will assume I'm
writing to the same person for now.

Normally, you shouldn't persistently have a different schema version
between DCs or between nodes in the same DC. However, this can
occasionally happen, for example when multiple schema changing
statements, such as "CREATE TABLE", are sent to two nodes concurrently
and causing a schema collision. If this happens to you, you can follow
this guide
<https://docs.datastax.com/en/dse/5.1/cql/cql/cql_using/useCreateTableCollisionFix.html>
to fix it.

Posted by DB-men <ra...@gmail.com>.