Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@topicus.nl> on 2005/08/22 22:46:07 UTC

M2 transitive dependencies and releasing with M1

All,

I'm currently releasing Wicket and we have 2 projects: wicket and
wicket-extensions. The extensions project has a dependency on wicket.

When I create a new version of wicket, do I need to release a new,
updated version of extensions as well?

Or is this automatically resolved with m2?

Martijn

Re: M2 transitive dependencies and releasing with M1

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
The way it works is that a version you give becomes a "suggestion" to
m2, and depending on your conflict resolution strategy that version
might be selected, or the latest release.

We're still working on this, so we'll have it all set up by beta-1 to
test fully and will get some docs together. Currently, the m1 -> m2
conversion won't accommodate ranges (we'd need to let you add a new
property to your m1 pom).

- Brett