Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Gatos <eg...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/27 14:45:34 UTC

Choose one

After I choose something in DropDownChoice then 'Choose one' item is removed
from the list.

If I will try to use "setNullValid(true)" then 'Choose one' string is
replaced with '' (emptry string).

How is it possible to display 'Choose one' if another item has been
selected?

Re: Choose one

Posted by Gatos <eg...@gmail.com>.
Thank you. The case is solved.

Maybe it would be a good idea to add nullValid to Wicket global translation
files, then it won't be needed to create a new record in my file. nullValid
could be used if I wan't something to override. It's something similar to
Convention over Configuration.

Re: Choose one

Posted by Matthias Keller <ma...@ergon.ch>.
Hi

Re: Choose one

Posted by Gatos <eg...@gmail.com>.

Re: Choose one

Posted by Dipu <di...@googlemail.com>.

RE: Choose one

Posted by Warren Bell <Wa...@clarksnutrition.com>.
I needed to do the same thing. I saw this on another post and it works
fine. Override getDefaultChoice:

protected CharSequence getDefaultChoice(Object selected)
{
  return "<option selected=\"selected\" value=\"\">Choose One</option>";

}

You can use
getLocalizer().getString("yourpage.dropdownchoice.defaultvalue", this)
for your different languages.

Warren

Re: Choose one

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.
Call setRequired(false) on the dropdownchoice.

Regards,
    Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten