Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/27 00:38:44 UTC

reading JCR api out of session

I noticed that if I ready the PropertyDefintion.getName() outside of
the scope of the session, it returns an expanded name, rather than the
qualified name indicated in the JCR 2.0 specs.

I then observed that, in scope of a session, this returns the qualifed
name as advertised.  Incidentally, after being invoked in-session, it
also returns the qualifed name out of session.

My question is: is it a bad idea to use the JCR API out of the scope
of a session?

Re: reading JCR api out of session

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

> is it a bad idea to use the JCR API out of the scope of a session?

If you mean "after the session is closed" with "out of the scope of a
session" then: yes.

Regards,
Thomas