Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Venkat Reddy Valluri <ve...@quinnfable.com> on 2003/01/02 19:31:34 UTC

top command shows memory usage of java process is two times more than what actually java heap is taking

Hi,
    When I run top command on linux, it is showing  memory usage of java process is two times more than what java heap is taking, I got java heap size inside java program using "Runtime.getRuntime().totalMemory() - Runtime.getRuntime().freeMemory();"
    I didn't understand why it is showing like this, Can anybody explain me

Thks,
--Venkat