Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by yaswanth kumar <ya...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/01 02:43:11 UTC

Transaction not closed on ms sql

Can some one help in troubleshooting some issues that happening from DIH??

Solr version: 8.2; zookeeper 3.4
Solr cloud with 4 nodes and 3 zookeepers

1. Configured DIH for ms sql with mssql jdbc driver, and when trying to pull the data from mssql it’s connecting and fetching records but we do see the connection that was opened on the other end mssql was not closed even though the full import was completed .. need some help in troubleshooting why it’s leaving connections open

2. The way I have scheduled this import api call is like a util that will be hitting DIH api every min with a solr pool url and with this it looks like multiple calls are going from different solr nodes which I don’t want .. I always need the call to be taken by only one node.. can we control this with any config?? Or is this happening because I have three zoo’s?? Please suggest the best approach

3. I do see some records are shown as failed while doing import, is there a way to track these failures?? Like why a minimal no of records are failing??

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Transaction not closed on ms sql

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
First of all, I’d just use a stand-alone program to do your
processing for a number of reasons, see:

https://lucidworks.com/post/indexing-with-solrj/

1- I suspect your connection will be closed eventually. Since it’s expensive to
    open one of these, the driver may keep it open for a while.

2 - This is one of the reasons I’d go to something outside Solr. The
     link above gives you a skeletal program that’ll show you how. It
     has the usual problem of demo code, it needs more error checking
    and the like.

3 - see TolerantUpdateProcessor(Factory).

Best,
Erick