Posted to derby-commits@db.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/10/02 20:13:04 UTC

[Db-derby Wiki] Trivial Update of "GettingStartedTenTwo" by MyrnavanLunteren

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by MyrnavanLunteren:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/GettingStartedTenTwo

  [[Anchor(entirebook)]]''' Entire Book :'''

  ||'''Sub Section''' || '''HTML Url''' or '''PDF Page''' || '''Reviewer'''|| '''Comment''' ||'''Resolution''' ||
- || Installing Derby || cgsinstallingderby.html || Kim Haase || Fourth bullet: directory name should be "docs", not "doc". || ||
+ || Installing Derby || cgsinstallingderby.html || Kim Haase || Fourth bullet: directory name should be "docs", not "doc". || Completed (patch submitted by Myrna van Lunteren, committed to both trunk and 10.2 branch.) ||
- || Installing Derby || cgsinstallingderby.html || Myrna || Missing from this list is "test" which includes the jar for the functional Tests, the apache jakarta jar that's needed, and a README on which other files are needed and how to run the tests. Q: should we mention frameworks as something that is going to be deprecated?|| ||
+ || Installing Derby || cgsinstallingderby.html || Myrna || Missing from this list is "test" which includes the jar for the functional Tests, the apache jakarta jar that's needed, and a README on which other files are needed and how to run the tests. Q: should we mention frameworks as something that is going to be deprecated?|| Completed ||
- || Setting up your environment || tgssetupjavaenvir.html || Myrna || Although it is pretty obvious, I would suggest adding that all tools and commands need to be done in an appropriate command shell. Something like, "[...] correctly. These scripts require an appropriate shell environment, i.e. a 'Command Prompt' window on Windows, and a shell on Unix." || ||
+ || Setting up your environment || tgssetupjavaenvir.html || Myrna || Although it is pretty obvious, I would suggest adding that all tools and commands need to be done in an appropriate command shell. Something like, "[...] correctly. These scripts require an appropriate shell environment, i.e. a 'Command Prompt' window on Windows, and a shell on Unix." || Completed ||
- || Setting up your environment || tgssetupjavaenvir.html || Myrna ||  step 1, only the Windows command is mentioned. I suggest adding a unix shell command similar to the other steps, something like: "Similarly, if you installed in /opt/Derby-10.1 on Unix, you would use: export DERBY_HOME=/opt/Derby-10.1" || ||
+ || Setting up your environment || tgssetupjavaenvir.html || Myrna ||  step 1, only the Windows command is mentioned. I suggest adding a unix shell command similar to the other steps, something like: "Similarly, if you installed in /opt/Derby-10.1 on Unix, you would use: export DERBY_HOME=/opt/Derby-10.1" || Completed ||
- || Setting up your environment || tgssetupjavaenvir.html || Myrna ||  step 3, the Windows command is missing closing % after %DERBY_HOME. i.e. should be: %DERBY_HOME%\bin;%PATH% || ||
+ || Setting up your environment || tgssetupjavaenvir.html || Myrna ||  step 3, the Windows command is missing closing % after %DERBY_HOME. i.e. should be: %DERBY_HOME%\bin;%PATH% || Completed ||
- || Setting up your environment || tgssetupjavaenvir.html || Myrna || step 3, last line..., the text is somewhat inaccurate. I suggest: "When the DERBY_HOME environment variable is set and the underlying bin directory is included in the PATH environment variable like this, you can use shortened commands [...]"  || ||
+ || Setting up your environment || tgssetupjavaenvir.html || Myrna || step 3, last line..., the text is somewhat inaccurate. I suggest: "When the DERBY_HOME environment variable is set and the underlying bin directory is included in the PATH environment variable like this, you can use shortened commands [...]"  || Completed ||
- || Setting up your environment || cgsusingtoolsutils.html || Myrna || example first bullet, although it will work also, I think it is better to not include the last semi-colon. That's really jcc/ibm unversal driver syntax.  || ||
+ || Setting up your environment || cgsusingtoolsutils.html || Myrna || example first bullet, although it will work also, I think it is better to not include the last semi-colon. That's really jcc/ibm unversal driver syntax.  || Completed ||
- || Client/server environment || cgsquck13780.html || Myrna || extra space after "[...] in the embedded environment." before the closing ')'.  || ||
+ || Client/server environment || cgsquck13780.html || Myrna || extra space after "[...] in the embedded environment." before the closing ')'.  || Completed ||
- || Database connection URL || rgsquck30197.html || Myrna || extra space in syntax for attributes for network client driver between "<value>" and "[;...]]".  || ||
+ || Database connection URL || rgsquck30197.html || Myrna || extra space in syntax for attributes for network client driver between "<value>" and "[;...]]".  || Completed ||
- || Libraries provided by Derby || rgslib46043.html || Andrew || Libraries should be made singular in each section that only has a single library. In the tools library section, "you need a library" should be "you need this library". || ||
+ || Libraries provided by Derby || rgslib46043.html || Andrew || Libraries should be made singular in each section that only has a single library. In the tools library section, "you need a library" should be "you need this library". || Completed ||
- || Database connection URL || rgsquck30197.html || Andrew || It would be nice to not have a line break in the middle of the network client URL example. || ||
+ || Database connection URL || rgsquck30197.html || Andrew || It would be nice to not have a line break in the middle of the network client URL example. || Completed ||
- || SQL Syntax || rgsdocs10012.html || Myrna || 1. Reference to 'IBM Software Development Kit style for setting JVM arguments and properties'. Section should get replaced with something generic, like 'This documentation attempts to be JVM neutral, but any command line examples or syntax using JVM specific references should be verified with your specific JVM documentation.' Or the section could be just left out. 2. In the dita source there are some very interesting characters around the "or" instead of double quotes. I have no idea how html knows to change that into "or", but maybe we don't need the quotes (nor the peculiar characters). || ||
+ || SQL Syntax || rgsdocs10012.html || Myrna || 1. Reference to 'IBM Software Development Kit style for setting JVM arguments and properties'. Section should get replaced with something generic, like 'This documentation attempts to be JVM neutral, but any command line examples or syntax using JVM specific references should be verified with your specific JVM documentation.' Or the section could be just left out. 2. In the dita source there are some very interesting characters around the "or" instead of double quotes. I have no idea how html knows to change that into "or", but maybe we don't need the quotes (nor the peculiar characters). || Completed ||
- || Libraries provided by Derby || rgslib46043.html || Myrna || List should also mention derbyrun.jar. || ||
+ || Libraries provided by Derby || rgslib46043.html || Myrna || List should also mention derbyrun.jar. || Completed ||