Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Cummings <st...@yahoo.com> on 2003/07/11 21:19:26 UTC

[2.1m3] [Authentication-fw] AuthenticationManager not found

Hello,

I've upgraded to milestone 3 and when I try to access my web application I'm
getting an error that a component could not be found (with key
"org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.AuthenticationManager"). Surely
enough, it is not in cocoon.xconf. But then, it wasn't there previously either,
so how was it that one was automatically instantiated in 2.1m2. The
configuration was just an empty "authentication-manager" element (both tags, no
content). Is there a problem or do I now have to configure one on my own.

I found
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.DefaultAuthenticationManager,
but I don't know what type of configuration it expects. I would hope that it's
just a default container for generic authenticated users so I can just continue
using the fw as before. But by just using it as a component-instance in
cocoon.xconf with the
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.AuthenticationManager role I get a
NullPointerException, so obviously it wants some kind of configuration.

Is anybody else using the auth-fw in 2.1m3 that knows about whether or not
there's a problem, I'm making a mistake, or there's an actual change? TIA.

/S

Re: [2.1m3] [Authentication-fw] AuthenticationManager not found

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Hi:

Checked in cocoon.xconf:

1- under <session-context-providers>
<component-instance
class="org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.context.AuthenticationContextProvider"
name="authentication"/>

I think the class changed the path to the name.

Maybe this is the problem I dont remember well about this.

Can you provide more infor about this? The error for example.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Steven Cummings dijo:

Posted by Steven Cummings <st...@yahoo.com>.