Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Eric White <ew...@rocksteady.com> on 2002/12/06 21:42:20 UTC

explanation of how "build import" works?

I've got the latest cvs bits and have jetspeed configured against a DB
for PSML storage.

I don't quite understand how "build import" works.

After I load the psml schema and do a "build import" I thought,
operationally, that I'd modify the psml files on disk (e.g.,
.../anon/html/default.psml) and then drop tables and rerun "build
import" to suck in the new psml, but that doesn't seem to be working.

RE: explanation of how "build import" works?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

There are options.
The first parameter passed to the importer can be "true" or "false", default
"true".
The parameter determines if an import has been run before on this database.
If true, the importer performs the safety check and will not import over a
previously imported database.
By passing in false, you are telling "don't check, just run".

You can also import from the PSMLBrowser into a live system.

Or you can write your own PSML Manager to handle things specifically to your
needs.
For instance, I wrote a PSMLManager service that stores read-only profiles
on the file system, and user profiles in the database.

David

RE: explanation of how "build import" works?

Posted by Eric White <ew...@rocksteady.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.