Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Foo Ji-Haw <jh...@nexlabs.com> on 2005/11/21 03:52:15 UTC

mp2 - Determining restart count

Hi all, I'd like to write a script that runs only once during serstart start/ restart. Below are my system specs
OS: Windows 2000 Server
Apache: 2.0.52 (Win32) mod_perl/2.0.1 Perl/v5.8.6

I've read up on Apache2::ServerUtil::restart_count on http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/ServerUtil.html#C_restart_count_

The demo shows that in a server start, only 2 calls are made (hence '1' and '2').
But in my copy-and-paste test, I realise that my log file shows
1
2
1
2

and a restart shows
3
1
2

It's like there's TWO processes instead of one. Is it because it's a 'windows thing'? Is there any other way to make sure the startup script runs only once?

Thanks for your help.