Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Karen Schaper <Ka...@frontiernet.net> on 2009/03/13 05:19:46 UTC

How to not cache markup - Wicket 1.4rc1

Hi All,

I have a page where the markup is creating dynamically and I do not want the
markup to be cached.

I am implementing both         IMarkupResourceStreamProvider,
			        IMarkupCacheKeyProvider

I'm not sure what I need to do in order for the markup not to be cached.

In one of the source files in here
http://wicketstuff.org/wicket13/customresourceloading,

it said that if I returned null from getCacheKey that the markup would not
be cached.

When I do this I get into a loop and it keeps trying to get the markup over
and over again.

   @Override
    public String getCacheKey( MarkupContainer container, Class
containerClass )
    {
            return null;
    }

I tried calling the clearing the cache after the page renders... but when I
do this the page won't even load.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
Karen.