Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/24 10:48:25 UTC

activemq.conf - import xml tags using XInclude

Hi,

Is it possible to import activemq xml tags from other xml files ? I try to
use XI:include but activemq generates the following error

ERROR: java.lang.Exception:
with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0' define
d in class path resource [activemq.xml]: Error setting property values;
nested exception is org.springframework.beans.NotWritablePropertyException:
Invalid property 'incl
ude' of bean class [org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService]: Bean
property 'include' is not writable or has an invalid setter method. Does the
parameter type of the
 setter match the return type of the getter?
java.lang.Exception:
with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0' defined in cl
ass path resource [activemq.xml]: Error setting property values; nested
exception is org.springframework.beans.NotWritablePropertyException: Invalid
property 'include' of
 bean class [org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService]: Bean property
'include' is not writable or has an invalid setter method. Does the
parameter type of the setter
 match the return type of the getter?
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:99)

<beans
  xmlns:amq="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
  xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core
http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd">

    <!--
        The <broker> element is used to configure the ActiveMQ broker.
    -->
    <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core">
         <xi:include href="destinations.xml" />

-----
Charles Moulliard
SOA Architect

My Blog :  http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com/ http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com/

Re: activemq.conf - import xml tags using XInclude

Posted by cobrien <cl...@ttmsolutions.com>.
Clark
I am not quite clear on what you are trying to accomplish but spring does
allow one to break up bean definitions into multiple files: The link below
describes the syntax.

http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/3.0.x/spring-framework-reference/html/beans.html#beans-factory-xml-import

www.ttmsolutions.com
ActiveMQ reference guide at
http://bit.ly/AMQRefGuide

Posted by James Casey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Charles,

you can do this with XML entities. In your activemq.xml put at the top
(before the <beans> definition):

<!DOCTYPE activemq [
<!ENTITY network-connectors SYSTEM "/etc/activemq/activemq.d/network.xml">

and then you can refer to this simply with:

&network-connectors;

inside the <broker> element.

We use in production on activemq 5.3.x.

cheers,