Posted to users@taverna.apache.org by Ahmad Aburomman <ah...@rai.usc.es> on 2015/04/06 12:37:06 UTC

RE: A few questions before choosing Taverna for our project

Hello,
I modify the project of Vitor, here is the function:
https://github.com/AhmadUsc/Java/blob/197819f798184721260789644f883221d166bb78/javaClient#L66

Okay I didn't touch Baclava, I added Enable Provenance function
I got the zip bundle but it was empty.

Can you Vitor regenerate the code with provenance data enabling ?
Here is Vitor project:
https://github.com/pgcc/taverna-java-client

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Ahmad Aburomman <ah...@rai.usc.es>.
So I have to build that, but it is very hard to build, I have no idea about it .
I'm also trying with Taverna Command Line Tool, also it is seem that there is no provenance data can be generate!!

I need a solution to run my workflow and get the output with the provenance data.

Regards

> Hello,

Hello

> I appreciate your time and cooperation, really thank you very much.
>
> But I got confused :(

Sorry about that.

> What I got that you want me to merge the client side from this project:
>      https://github.com/taverna/taverna-server/tree/2.5/server-client
>
> with the server side from the this project:
> https://github.com/taverna/taverna-server.git
>
> the problem it the last project (https://github.com/taverna/taverna-server.git) is the same of the first one, it load the same one.

Yes. The client code is in
https://github.com/taverna/taverna-server/tree/2.5/server-client . To build it, you will (currently) have to build the whole of the Taverna Server code - but you can then just use the server-client.

Alan

Re: A few questions before choosing Taverna for our project

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by "Donal K. Fellows" <do...@manchester.ac.uk>.
On 23/04/2015 22:25, Ahmad Aburomman wrote:
> But I got confused:(

You're not experienced with building fairly large Maven projects with
lots of dependencies? Get the build from our Artifactory. :-)

http://repository.mygrid.org.uk/artifactory/libs-snapshot-local/uk/org/taverna/server/server-client/2.5.5-SNAPSHOT/server-client-2.5.5-20150425.104736-20.jar

That should be a largely self-contained JAR (85kB) with a few external
dependencies (org.jvnet.ws.wadl:wadl-core:1.1.6,
com.sun.jersey:jersey-client:1.8, commons-io:commons-io:2.4,
org.apache.tika:tika-core:1.5, com.google.code.findbugs:jsr305:1.3.7)
which we don't include since we don't normally repackage external
libraries in the Open Source world. ;-)

The above URL is not persistent; it is to a version that may go away
without warning (because we only keep a limited number of snapshot
versions). I'm not sure how to generate a link to the directory in the
Artifactory tree.

MAVEN INSTRUCTIONS
------------------
DO NOT USE THESE IF YOU AREN'T USING MAVEN FOR THE REST OF YOUR CLIENT.
THESE ASSUME THAT YOU KNOW HOW MAVEN WORKS ALREADY; WE WON'T TEACH YOU THAT!

It has the following Maven coordinates:

   <dependency>
       <groupId>uk.org.taverna.server</groupId>
       <artifactId>server-client</artifactId>
       <version>2.5.5-SNAPSHOT</version>
   </dependency>

And that will depend on you having the myGrid repository set up:

   <repositories>
       <repository>
           <releases />
           <snapshots>
               <enabled>false</enabled>
           </snapshots>
           <id>mygrid-repository</id>
           <name>myGrid Respository</name>
           <url>http://www.mygrid.org.uk/maven/repository</url>
       </repository>
       <repository>
           <releases>
               <enabled>false</enabled>
           </releases>
           <snapshots>
               <enabled>true</enabled>
           </snapshots>
           <id>mygrid-snapshots</id>
           <name>myGrid Snapshot Respository</name>
           <url>http://www.mygrid.org.uk/maven/snapshot-repository</url>
       </repository>
   </repositories>

Donal.

RE: A few questions before choosing Taverna for our project

Posted by Ahmad Aburomman <ah...@rai.usc.es>.
Hello,

On 13/04/2015 13:27, alaninmcr wrote:
> I've started a hangout. If anyone else wants to join, the URL is
> https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/gwg7xzlz4c6cyabi5popr6mohma

As was discussed, the code at:

    https://github.com/myGrid/t2-server-jar

is really quite old, and is missing critical features. The client in the
server codebase:

    https://github.com/taverna/taverna-server/tree/2.5/server-client

is up to date (and is part of what we've contributed to Apache, so it
will continue to be supported) though it is currently a bit awkward to
build and isn't a finished release yet. To build the 2.5 version (NB:
NOT Apache code, but equivalent to) check out the server code from github:

    https://github.com/taverna/taverna-server.git

and then use maven to build it. I recommend 'mvn install' for that. That
will download the world a bit, but will eventually create the following
artefact in your system-local maven repository.

    <dependency>
        <groupId>uk.org.taverna.server</groupId>
        <artifactId>server-client</artifactId>
        <version>2.5.5-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>

That should be quite fully featured enough to support generating
provenance (as part of the run bundle) provided you ask for it; you're
still expected to understand the general server usage patterns, which
are documented online currently at:

    http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/display/tav250/Taverna+Server+2.5

What we (well, probably I) will do next is to update the build so that a
proper client artefact is produced that doesn't have explicit
dependencies on other parts of the server build (currently it uses a
supporting library for handling Resource Usage Records) and get 2.5.5
released so that we can have an actual artefact that we can point to,
rather than some sort of SNAPSHOT.

Oh, and you *might* be able to use the build in our Artifactory:

http://repository.mygrid.org.uk/artifactory/libs-snapshot-local/uk/org/taverna/server/server-client/2.5.5-SNAPSHOT/server-client-2.5.5-20150304.170355-11.jar

That's not a long-term guaranteed URL and I don't know if it has all the
dependencies you need. But maybe it will work? :-)

Donal.

Re: A few questions before choosing Taverna for our project

Posted by "Donal K. Fellows" <do...@manchester.ac.uk>.

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ahmad Aburomman <ah...@rai.usc.es>.
Can we start hangout ?

On 06/04/2015 11:37, Ahmad Aburomman wrote:
> I modify the project of Vitor, here is the function:
> https://github.com/AhmadUsc/Java/blob/197819f798184721260789644f883221
> d166bb78/javaClient#L66
>
> Okay I didn't touch Baclava, I added Enable Provenance function I got
> the zip bundle but it was empty.
>
> Can you Vitor regenerate the code with provenance data enabling ?
> Here is Vitor project:
> https://github.com/pgcc/taverna-java-client

We were wondering whether you want a Google hangout so that you can discuss this with us. Perhaps sometime on Monday? That is, on 13/04/2015, some time between 0900 GMT and 1500 GMT, at least for preference. We can do other times by arrangement too (in which case we'll set up a doodle poll to arrange things) but they're the ones we can do with minimum fuss. :-)

Donal.

Re: A few questions before choosing Taverna for our project

Posted by "Donal K. Fellows" <do...@manchester.ac.uk>.