Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Henrique Prange <hp...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/17 20:46:14 UTC

Cannot build maven project

Hi List,

I'm using Continuum for a time without problems. Today, however, my
projects stop building with the following error:

Build Error:
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutorException:
Error while mapping metadata.
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenTwoBuildExecutor.updateProjectFromCheckOut(MavenTwoBuildExecutor.java:117)
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.core.action.UpdateProjectFromWorkingDirectoryContinuumAction.execute(UpdateProjectFromWorkingDirectoryContinuumAction.java:64)
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(DefaultBuildController.java:273)
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:47)
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:103)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenBuilderHelperException:
Cannot build maven project from
/usr/local/continuum/apps/continuum/working-directory/1/pom.xml (null).

         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.getMavenProject(DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.java:339)
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.mapMetadataToProject(DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.java:112)
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenTwoBuildExecutor.updateProjectFromCheckOut(MavenTwoBuildExecutor.java:113)
         ... 5 more
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.MXSerializer.writeElementContent(MXSerializer.java:912)
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.MXSerializer.text(MXSerializer.java:776)
         at
org.apache.maven.settings.io.xpp3.SettingsXpp3Writer.writeSettings(SettingsXpp3Writer.java:581)
         at
org.apache.maven.settings.io.xpp3.SettingsXpp3Writer.write(SettingsXpp3Writer.java:71)
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.writeSettings(DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.java:489)
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.getMavenProject(DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.java:301)
         ... 7 more

The projects were building normally sometime ago. If I try to build
using maven manually on working directory, the build works.

Also, I can't add new projects to the project list too, because of the
same problem. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Henrique

--

\o/ Henrique Prange, Moleque de Idéias Educação e Tecnologia Ltda
/ \ http://www.moleque.com.br

Re: Cannot build maven project

Posted by Henrique Prange <hp...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Robert. I changed the log level to DEBUG, but no more useful
information was logged.

As a desperate solution, I made a backup of Continuum and installed a
new one from the scratch. I created a very simple project that works
outside Continuum. The "mvn help:effective-pom help:effective-settings"
command don't reveal anything suspicious for this project. But the
problem still remains. Now, even with a fresh installation, Continuum
doesn't work and I can't add any project.

Following is the pom.xml of the project:

<project>
<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
<groupId>moleque.test</groupId>
<artifactId>simple-app</artifactId>
<packaging>jar</packaging>
<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
<name>simple-app</name>
<url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
<scm>
    <connection>
       scm:svn:http://dev.moleque.com.br:8086/svn/simple-app/trunk
    </connection>
    <developerConnection>
       scm:svn:http://dev.moleque.com.br:8086/svn/simple-app/trunk
    </developerConnection>
</scm>
<distributionManagement>
    <site>
       <id>simple-app.site</id>
       <url>
          file:///Library/WebServer/Documents/docs/simple-app
       </url>
    </site>
    <snapshotRepository>
       <id>dev.moleque.repo.snapshot</id>
       <name>Snapshot Repository Moleque</name>
       <url>file:///Users/devadmin/proximity/inhouse</url>
    </snapshotRepository>
</distributionManagement>
</project>

I don't know if it's a bug. But if it is, I don't know how to reproduce. :(

Any suggestions are very welcome. :)

Thanks in advance,

Henrique

Posted by Robert Dale <ro...@duke.edu>.