Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by David Haraburda <da...@haraburda.com> on 2002/07/05 09:04:41 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/webapps/tomcat-docs jndi-datasource-examples-howto.xml project.xml

The subtitle for the Tyrex stuff is incorrect, it reads:

"Tyrex Connection Pool and Castor ORM with mysql"

Tyrex has nothing to do with Castor (especially my example!), and
the stuff I wrote was not meant to serve as an example on how to use
it with mysql (I only used the JAR file name as an example -- the config
was not tested).  And of course, Tyrex is more than a connection pool.
I would suggest that it be changed to something like:

"Tyrex Resource Management"

Tyrex is kind of different from the rest of the examples, and its purpose is different,
so I'd think it may want to be kept split into a different doc -- but I'm not picky, it's
just a suggestion (although the title needs to change for sure). :-)

David