Posted to dev@twill.apache.org by Terence Yim <ch...@apache.org> on 2014/10/21 03:38:05 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Twill-0.4.0-incubating [rc2]

Hi all,

I have fixed the extra file issue that Gary found in the rc1 release.

I have created a twill-0.4.0-incubating release candidate (rc2). This
is the forth release for Twill.

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/twill/0.4.0-incubating-rc2/src

The tag to be voted upon is v0.4.0-incubating:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-twill.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/v0.4.0-incubating

The release hash is d49f794dc1ddbb36fb60b25f74b8d8c4468055ae
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-twill.git;a=commit;h=d49f794dc1ddbb36fb60b25f74b8d8c4468055ae

The Nexus Staging URL:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetwill-1005

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/chtyim.asc

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/twill/KEYS

For information about the contents of this release see:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/twill/0.4.0-incubating-rc2/CHANGES.txt

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Twill 0.4.0-incubating

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Twill 0.4.0-incubating
[ ] +0 no opinion

Terence

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Twill-0.4.0-incubating [rc2]

Posted by Poorna Chandra <po...@cask.co>.
+1

Verified checksums.
Build and test succeed.

Posted by Nitin Motgi <ni...@cask.co>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Albert Shau <al...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Andreas Neumann <an...@apache.org>.
[resending because it seems that it did not get sent the first time.]

-1

Ran the tests and it hangs. I suspect there is a deadlock or a missing
timeout in one of the test cases. See below.
-Andreas.

Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.221 sec

testCodec(org.apache.twill.internal.state.MessageCodecTest)  Time elapsed:
0.156 sec

testFailureDecode(org.apache.twill.internal.state.MessageCodecTest)  Time
elapsed: 0 sec

Running org.apache.twill.internal.state.ZKServiceDecoratorTest

Posted by Gary Helmling <gh...@gmail.com>.
+1