Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by peter lin <pe...@labs.gte.com> on 2002/09/03 21:44:50 UTC

possible bug

I've encountered some behavior in tomcat 4.0.3 which might be a bug, but
I am not sure. I'm hoping some one else has seen this behavior before.
I looked at the servlet 2.3 spec and the section on requestdispatching
states:

SRV.8.2 Using a Request Dispatcher
To use a request dispatcher, a servlet calls either the include method
or forward
method of the RequestDispatcher interface. The parameters to these
methods can
be either the request and response arguments that were passed in via the
service
method of the Servlet interface, or instances of subclasses of the
request and
response wrapper classes that have been introduced for version 2.3 of
the
specification. In the latter case, the wrapper instances must wrap the
request or
response objects that the container passed into the service method.
The Container Provider must ensure that the dispatch of the request to a
target
servlet occurs in the same thread of the same VM as the original
request.

If I read this correctly, all rd.include & rd.forward have to pass the
either the request or response. The behavior I am seeing is when I use
JSTL <c:import> and the included class uses scriptlet to set cookies in
the response, it doesn't get set.

That leads me to think there's either two response objects, or somehow
the wrapper for the response isn't setting the response correctly. The
other possible cause is JSTL isn't getting the request and response
object correctly from pageContext.

Anyone have a clue?

peter lin