Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by ERAN CHINTHAKA <ch...@opensource.lk> on 2005/08/23 12:31:11 UTC

[Axis2] Remove Interop stuff from main source tree

Hi,

This is just a suggestion and hope I will not get busted due to this.

Shall we keep away all the interop tests from the main system. This
includes SOAP 1.2 testing and all the interop stuff (But obvoiusly the
rest which are in integration package should remain).  Just like the
module repository we are thinking of having, we can have it in a
separate place.

The reason is, IMO, when some one downloads the sources, its unlikely
that he will need to run interop stuff, in most cases. So if someone
needs to run the interop stuff, the way I propose is, he needs to get
the interop stuff seperately and run.

This suggestion is going a little beyond the suggestion of just
exlcuding the interop tests when we run maven.

What do you all think ?

-- EC

Re: [Axis2] Remove Interop stuff from main source tree

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
-0 more you separate the interop stuff the more likely it is for
someone not to run the tests and hence more time will pass between a
bad check-in and someone noticing an interop failure. (i was tending
towards -1, but -0 is better for now).

-- dims

--
Davanum Srinivas : http://wso2.com/ - Oxygenating The Web Service Platform