Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu> on 2006/07/28 07:32:46 UTC

Re: Castor and XML namespaces (was Moving toward a Pluto 1.1 beta releas

Elliot Metsger wrote:

> I finally figured out that if you feed Castor a servlet 2.4 xml with a
> default namespace, the mapping fails, but if you feed it one with a null
> namespace, it works.

Ah - this behavior appears to be governed by the
"org.exolab.castor.parser.namespaces" property in
portal/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/castor.properties.

By default the property is false, but for the portal subproject it is true.
This results in failed deployment of portlets using a 2.4 servlet descriptor
using the admin portlet, but the same portlet would deploy just fine (with
PLUTO-216 applied) using the descriptors project (maven deploy goal).

So I'll investigate the ramifications of switching the
"org.exolab.castor.parser.namespaces" property to "false" for the portal
subproject, either programatically or via the properties file.

I'm not sure what the list thinks about this - any thoughts on switching
this property value to false for pluto 1.0.2?  If it is too big or risky
change, I could write up some documentation for the website for the eventual
1.0.2 maintenance release.

Thanks,
Elliot

Sent from the Pluto - Dev forum at Nabble.com.