Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by mottese <mo...@sandia.gov> on 2017/04/25 17:54:49 UTC

Qpid C++ Client, nextReceiver, and subjects

Hi,

Right now I'm using Qpid 1.36.0 with AMQP1.0 enabled and I want to have
multiple receivers all on the same topic:

amq.topic/subject1
amq.topic/subject2
amq.topic/subjectn

When looking at the source code, it looks like if I use nextReceiver(...),
it only has the capability to return receivers based on "amq.topic" and not
"subjectx". I guess my question is: will nextReceiver do what I'm expecting
and return a receiver that has a message waiting, where that message is
meant for that receiver's subject?

Another question, if I have the same setup (multiple subjects, all on the
same topic) but with Senders instead of receivers, can I do
session.getSender("amq.topic/subjectx") and expect to get the correct sender
back?

Re: Qpid C++ Client, nextReceiver, and subjects

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 25/04/17 18:54, mottese wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Right now I'm using Qpid 1.36.0 with AMQP1.0 enabled and I want to have
> multiple receivers all on the same topic:
>
> amq.topic/subject1
> amq.topic/subject2
> amq.topic/subjectn
>
> When looking at the source code, it looks like if I use nextReceiver(...),
> it only has the capability to return receivers based on "amq.topic" and not
> "subjectx". I guess my question is: will nextReceiver do what I'm expecting
> and return a receiver that has a message waiting, where that message is
> meant for that receiver's subject?

Yes.

> Another question, if I have the same setup (multiple subjects, all on the
> same topic) but with Senders instead of receivers, can I do
> session.getSender("amq.topic/subjectx") and expect to get the correct sender
> back?

Yes.