Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Stewart, Robbie (Contractor)" <Ro...@dsto.defence.gov.au> on 2001/07/17 03:38:09 UTC

RE: Sick of pointless arguments on this list WAS: template encodings

[snip]

> Ugh,
>
> Why do threads on this list always seem to turn into some sort of ego
> bashing nightmare?  They seem to turn up every couple days.
> All it does is
> add countless messages for me to delete while trying to sift
> through the
> good stuff.
>
> Why don't you guys take your ego-bashing off list and save
> the rest of us
> from your fights?  I want to learn about Velocity, not who's
> the biggest
> asshole.

+1

> -Dave

Robbe Stewart         Software Engineer
Altasys Software        +61 414 68 6126

Contracted to:
Department of Defence   mailto:Robbie.Stewart@dsto.defence.gov.au
Salisbury SA

AUSTRALIA

Re: Sick of pointless arguments on this list WAS: template encodings

Posted by Kelvin Tan <ke...@relevanz.com>.
+1

but I guess that's kind of inevitable when there are people who are
passionate about what they do and are genuinely interested in making the
best possible tool/application/etc. Which is a GREAT thing...:)

> Why do threads on this list always seem to turn into some sort of ego
> bashing nightmare?  They seem to turn up every couple days.
> All it does is
> add countless messages for me to delete while trying to sift
> through the
> good stuff.
>
> Why don't you guys take your ego-bashing off list and save
> the rest of us
> from your fights?  I want to learn about Velocity, not who's
> the biggest
> asshole.

+1