Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by so...@business.com on 2001/10/30 00:47:49 UTC

phrase

What is the best way to store a field that you may want to have phrases in?

for example-

lets say a field called keywords in a document has these vales:

keywords: small cars, compact cars, little automobiles,

If i index the keyword field, will "cars compact" or "cars little" return
anything? I am not too sure how to separate my phrases so they don't return
overlaps.  So basically I want to have those keyword phrases be consided one
word(even though they are more than one) and also somehow deliminate them.

thanks.

-scott