Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/06 16:12:55 UTC

[ANN] Apache ActiveMQ 4.1 released!

In case you missed it the new 4.1 release of Apache ActiveMQ is out.
Details of the new features and bugs fixed in this release can be
found here...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-410-release.html

many thanks to all those who helped with this release. Get it while its hot!

--

James
-------

Re: [ANN] Apache ActiveMQ 4.1 released!

Posted by "Christopher G. Stach II" <cg...@ldsys.net>.
James Strachan wrote:
> In case you missed it the new 4.1 release of Apache ActiveMQ is out.
> Details of the new features and bugs fixed in this release can be
> found here...
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-410-release.html
>
> many thanks to all those who helped with this release. Get it while its
> hot!

Better six months late than never. :)

--
Christopher G. Stach II

Re: [ANN] Apache ActiveMQ 4.1 released!

Posted by Jamie McCrindle <ja...@gmail.com>.
heh, it was the thread where you said "use a different database" :) here's
the fix message:

http://www.mail-archive.com/activemq-users@geronimo.apache.org/msg03257.html

> I don't remember I'm afraid - I do remember a fix going in for pure
> JDBC Master/Slave for MySQL. I"m not sure if the pure JDBC
> Master/Slave has been tested yet for SQL Server - fancy trying it out?
> :)

Happy to! Just wanted to know if I was buying myself some trouble without
the locking support.

Congrats again and looking forward to using 4.1
j.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jamie McCrindle <ja...@gmail.com>.
first off, congratulations,

second, i recall there being an issue with locking on SQL Server for pure
JDBC Master / Save and that you added a fix in to be able to turn off row
based locking when using SQL Server.

Does that mean it's safe to use ActiveMQ 4.1 and Pure JDBC Master / Slave on
SQL Server?

cheers,

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Sweet!  Which mvn repo are the 4.1 artifacts deployed to?

--jason