Posted to dev@celix.apache.org by Deroo Stijn <S....@TELEVIC.com> on 2013/08/08 09:33:23 UTC

Celix - eCos - embedded devices

Hi,

We are evaluating celix for using it in our embedded devices as a modular service oriented framework.

On our current embedded devices (ARM9 based) we are using the eCOS (http://ecos.sourceware.org/) operating system, and we want to keep it like that.  How difficult will it be to run the celix framework onto the ecos operating system?
To cope with this, I think we have to get rid of the cmake tool, and try to compile celix direcly into ecos using standard makefiles that comes with ecos itself.  Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Stijn.

Re: Celix - eCos - embedded devices

Posted by dsh <da...@gmail.com>.
eCos is POSIX compliant no?

Cheers
Daniel

Posted by Deroo Stijn <S....@TELEVIC.com>.
Ok.  Thanks all for your feedback!
This investigation will be part of a thesis assignment, but we'll keep you informed about the progress/status.

Kind regards,
Stijn.

Posted by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by dsh <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

libdl is POSIX compliant no? According to Google eCos is POSIX compliant
too. So chances are good that Celix could be ported over I would assume.

Cheers
Daniel

Posted by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com>.
Hi Deroo,