Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Shilpa Bhandari <sh...@fonantrix.com> on 2019/04/05 07:10:33 UTC

Guac session terminates automatically

Hi,

I'm generating Guac auth tokens for different users using API and using
these tokens redirecting to Guacamole application. But every 2nd time the
previous session is automatically getting logged out in the same browser.
Only one session is working at a time on the same browser even if the token
is generated using different Guac users.

Thanks and regards,
Shilpa Bhandari

Re: Guac session terminates automatically

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Apr 5, 2019, 00:19 Shilpa Bhandari <sh...@fonantrix.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm generating Guac auth tokens for different users using API and using
> these tokens redirecting to Guacamole application.

What are you doing exactly? What calls are you making to what?

But every 2nd time the previous session is automatically getting logged out
> in the same browser. Only one session is working at a time on the same
> browser even if the token is generated using different Guac users.

Nothing within the REST API restricts things to a single token per browser,
however the Guacamole webapp uses local storage for the user's current
token and will automatically log out the previous stored token when a new
one is used.

If you want to provide a single user with multiple dynamic resources, your
options are:

* Use **one** token for each logical session, not multiple. Provide dynamic
data over the course of their session using that single token via an
extension that integrates your application. Don't generate token after
token for the same user.
* Use the anonymous username (""), which will not store the token
internally.

- Mike