Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by "Stoiber, Richard" <Ri...@de-gmbh.com> on 2016/04/06 09:22:21 UTC

SAP in Karaf

Hello everyone,

quite a while ago we updated some of our existing applications, so that they are now osgi bundles running inside a karaf container.
We now have the requirement for one to communicate with sap to make BAPI calls and receive/send IDOCS.
To do that we need to use the following jars supplied by SAP:
sapidoc3.jar
sapjco3.jar

The problems we now have are, that those libraries aren't OSGi Bundles and also don't work anymore if you rename them (there seems to be some kind of check in the code).
This means we can't put them in the Maven Repository of the Karaf (due to Maven naming conventions) like the rest of our bundles.

Has anyone else already encountered this problem?
Does anyone have a suggestion how to solve this?

Freundliche Grüße aus Dingolfing

Richard Stoiber
Softwareentwickler

[cid:image001.png@01D18FE0.BA73E9E0]<http://www.de-gmbh.com/brandaktuell.html>

DE software & control GmbH
Mengkofener Str. 21, D-84130 Dingolfing
Fon: +49 8731 3797-0; Fax: +49 8731 3797-29
Mobil: +49 176 16263638
http://www.de-gmbh.com<http://www.de-gmbh.com/>

Geschäftsführung:
Friedrich Steininger, Heino Migge, Onur Mubariz
Amtsgericht Landshut, HRB 4478

Re: SAP in Karaf

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
If you are communicating with SAP in OSGi you should also take a look at
hibersap:

http://hibersap.org/
http://blog.akquinet.de/2010/07/09/introducing-hibersap-1/

It uses sapjco under the hood but also provides a nice abstraction like
hibernate does for databases.
I helped to make the library OSGi compatible some time ago. So it should
be quite easy to use.

Unfortunately they can not directly deliver the sap jars as bundles too
as SAP has a not very permissive license.
The company behind hibersap it is also a good choice if you need support.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

AW: SAP in Karaf

Posted by "Stoiber, Richard" <Ri...@de-gmbh.com>.
Hello again,

we tested the suggestions last weekend. That is also the reason I didn’t reply earlier.
It seems that the Version 3.0.10 of SAP does not yet have the jar naming restrictions and can safely be wrapped.
The Version with which we had the naming problems was 3.0.12.
We ended up using the Version 3.0.10 and just put the dll file in the lib folder.
Thank you all for your help.

[cid:image001.png@01D1A12D.A0C94400]<http://www.de-gmbh.com/brandaktuell.html>

Posted by Morgan Hautman <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Richard,