Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Oliver <ol...@alariussystems.com> on 2007/04/02 20:11:08 UTC

RE: SPAM-LOW: Re: FW: svn commit: r524648 - /jakarta/slide/trunk/proposals/purexmladapter/

sure

Michael Oliver
Cell: 949-547-5700
Skype: MikeOliverAZ
Posted by Michael Oliver <ol...@alariussystems.com>.
 Happy to have the help, but I think (presume) IBM did do the grant as IBM
Legal as supposedly doing the work so I imagine it is just tracking it down,
then can post the review and get a vote.  I already committed once so it is
just a matter of ensuring the requirements are in fact met and doing it
again when the vote is ok.

Michael Oliver
Cell: 949-547-5700
Skype: MikeOliverAZ

Michael Oliver wrote:

> sure
>
> Michael Oliver
> Cell: 949-547-5700
> Skype: MikeOliverAZ

I am happy to help out here, just having completed something similar in
Commons.  See comments below.
> Mvgr,
> Martin
>
> Michael Oliver wrote:
>
>> Martin,
>>
>> The original post to the dev list was more than a month ago.
>>
>> I have CC'd the two people at IBM that dealt with IBM legal
>> department to do the grants, I know not any details.

The process is as described here:
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html

What we need to get completed is a form like this:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site-author/ip-cleara
nce/derby-2134-contribution-tests-ibm.xml

If there are no other ASF members in the Slide community available to handle
this, I can be the "managing ASF member."

The first logical step is to agree that we want to accept the donation.
Technically, this can be by lazy consensus, but VOTEs are encouraged, so I
would recommend that someone kick off a VOTE on this.  Next, assuming
successful VOTE, we need to get the software grant registered.  Here is the
form that needs to be sent to the ASF Secretary, following the instructions
on the ip-clearance page.
http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt

Then we make our way down the checklist on the IP Clearance form, get
clearance from the Incubator and commit the code. Sorry if this sounds like
a big hassle to get a donation in, but it really is the minimum necessary to
protect the committers, PMC and ASF and it does not really have to take that
long if we follow the process.

Phil

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.