Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Russell Gold <ru...@gold-family.us> on 2013/06/20 17:50:42 UTC

Problem with clean in multi-module project that includes new mojos

This sounds a bit obscure, but I think it's a reasonable scenario.

I have a large multi-module project with custom plugins. If I add a new mojo to a plugin, use that mojo in a later modules, and commit the changes to CM, anybody who checks out the source will be unable to do a mvn clean on the project. When maven hits the module that uses the plugin, it attempts to find the new mojo, which of course it has not yet built.  The same problem would occur if you create new plugin and use it. Anybody who checks out the code and tries "mvn clean" will fail if they have not previously built the plugin.

Note: "mvn clean install" works fine, but "mvn clean" fails until you do an install. I think the clean step should probably NOT try to verify that the plugins exist.
and listen to the Misfile radio play <http://www.gold-family.us/audio/misfile.html>!