Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by charly <ch...@yahoo.de> on 2005/07/26 17:04:12 UTC

(webdav/wck newbie) Using WCk webdavConstructionKit without slide?

I have a webapp which has some (virtual) folders i.e. selection of files.
These files are managed by webpages (jsp) where available
actions like upload, delete and rename using html form.
Now I would like to add an easier interface doing the same using W2K- webfolder
and webdav.

For this I would like to use WCK to create the webdav interface.
I only want to add the webdav protocol to my existing application.

I do not want to use any functionality from slide.
I found following in the docs:
(http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-slide/WebDavConstructionKit):
> Important Note: Remember that Slide itself will be using your store to create
> its own system files
> (/roles, /users, and other folders and files). Therefore it would be wise to
> implement all of Basic
> WebdavStore </jakarta-slide/BasicWebdavStore> 's functions unless otherwise
> noted -
> even if your users will not be allowed to perform certain functions -
> such as creating new folders or deleting.

I want to avoid this. I do not want to use or to deal with "slide"  i.e.
"/users" "/roles" etc.!
Is it possible to configure WCK so that there is no slide  dependency ?
Has anyone an example configuration and/or other required measures to achieve
this?

Thanks
Karl-Heinz