Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/08/05 01:19:55 UTC

[Lucene-hadoop Wiki] Update of "Roadmap" by DougCutting

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucene-hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by DougCutting:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Roadmap

The comment on the change is:
Don't try to track releases here, just point folks to Jira.

  = Hadoop Roadmap =

- This page documents the release plans for Hadoop.
+ This page describes release plans for Hadoop.

  Release planning is primarily coordinated through [http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP Hadoop's JIRA database].

- In general, we are currently aiming for a release every month, with a bugfix release one week later (as needed).
+ In general, we aim for a release every month, with a bugfix release one week later (if needed).

  Some per system planning is handled on the following pages
     * ["DFS requirements"]
     * MapReduceRoadmap

- == Release 0.1.0 ==
-
- The first release of Hadoop was made on April 2, 2006.
-
- [http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310240&resolution=1&fixfor=12310812&status=5&status=6&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC Issues fixed in this release].
-
- == Release 0.1.1 ==
-
- This bugfix release was made on 7 April, 2006.
-
- [http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310240&fixfor=12310920&status=5&status=6&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC Issues fixed in this release].
-
- == Release 0.2 ==
-
- This release will be made around 5 May, 2006.
-
- [http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310240&fixfor=12310813&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC Issues to be included in this release].
-
- With this release we hope to get Hadoop to scale to thousands of nodes and to support more advanced features.
-
- == Release 1.0 ==
-
- ???