Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by springring <sp...@126.com> on 2011/02/16 07:15:19 UTC

question about CDH3

Hi,
    I install CDH3 follow the mannul as attached file,
but when I run the command
"su -s /bin/bash -hdfs -c 'hadoop namenode -format'"
on page 25, it show that "su: invalid option --h",
so I change the comand to
"su -s /bin/bash -hdfs -c'hadoop namenode -format'"
the message is that
"May not run daemons as root.Please specify HADOOP_NAMENODE_USER"
So, is there any wrong in my operation?
Thanks.

Springring.Xu

Re: question about CDH3

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Cross posts are bad
to:     common-dev@hadoop.apache.org,
cc	common-user@hadoop.apache.org,
Your urgency is understandable but sending a question to different
(and wrong lists)  won't help you.

First of all this is HDFS question.

Second of all for CDH related questions please use cdh-user@cloudera.org list.
--