Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au> on 2006/08/11 03:11:18 UTC

RE: svn commit: r430608 - in /forrest/site/images: ASF-us-2006-web_masthead.jpg apache_con_asia_header.png

Wow, my site build succeeded this time, unfortunately two things happened
Here. The skinconf.xml wasn't mentioned although I had changed this to
Point to the two images that were mentioned.

Second, it took so long to actually publish - 9 mins 13 secs that in
The meantime David committed 430606 and 430607 which may now be
Overwritten (I'm not sure about that) , even though I did an svn up
Immediately before my publish.

I know it is not necessary for me to do so , but want to make sure it
Is working at least.

Gav...

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Gav.... wrote:
> From: David Crossley
> > Gav.... wrote:
> > > I know it is not necessary for me to do so , but want to make sure it
> > > Is working at least.
> >
> > Pleas experiment with smaller changes.
>
> Ok.
>
> Another thing I noticed.
>
> ..\main\webapp\skins\pelt\css\basic.css understandably is clean from all
> Line endings such as ^M
>
> After a publish build
>
> ..\site-author\build\forrest-docs\skin\basic.css now contains ^M on every
> line, including blank ones.
>
> After a publish deploy
>
> ..\site-author\work\svn-deploy\forrest-docs\skin\basic.css is once again
> Clean from all line endings, so NO ^M appear - this did not used to be the
> case, but guess now that it is clean is why my build now (sort of) succeeds
> because this was always the file that failed my build deploy due to
> inconsistent line endings.

Now that i have the site cleanly published, would you
please try again with a small change.

There were some recommendations in the last thread
where you asked about forrestbot, which explained
how to see the actual changes before you try to do
the deploy stage. Could you please do that.

> Still confused as to why a publish build adds them in though - and does so
> To nearly (but not) all *.css files  - the appropriate line is added to
> My svn config file. I wonder , what version of SVN should we be using. I am
> using v1.30 for win32, should I upgrade to v1.32 ?

I can't help you with Windows sorry.

-David

RE: svn commit: r430608 - in /forrest/site/images: ASF-us-2006-web_masthead.jpg apache_con_asia_header.png

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.

Oops yes.

> However, i did expect that absolutely every generated
> html page would change due to these image changes.
> Something is wrong for you. I will try.

Ok

> > Second, it took so long to actually publish - 9 mins 13 secs that in
>
> If this is your first publish, then it needs to check out
> the full forrest/site svn to your working copy. subsequent
> publishing would be faster.

Well, the first one that said 'build succeeded' , I have tried many times.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.