Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Antonio PAROLINI <An...@hcuge.ch> on 2005/10/26 16:50:16 UTC

[m2] Eclipse webapp lib

Hello,

I would like to synchronize the libraries in my POM with an eclipse
webapp libs automaticaly. I tried Sysdeo and WTP and with both, the only
way to do this in a automated manner is to use a mecanisme to copy the
jars into the web-inf/lib folder.

So I call mvn eclipse:eclipse followed by mvn war:inplace. It works,
but this dosen't clean old dependencies.

As you guys probably have already had this probleme, how did you manage
to do this ?

Thanks in advance.

Antonio

the system manager.

Re: [m2] Eclipse webapp lib

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Pete wrote:

Correct. If you run maven from a child project, only that project and its
children are visible, so those are the only ones in the reactor.
You'll still get references, but to the jars. You only get references
to projects instead of jars if the projects are 'visible' from the
reactor.

Maven only 'climbs' the project tree to find possible parent pom.xml
files; it does not traverse down again to find possible projects
and add those to the reactor.

-- Kenney

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com
GPG public key: http://www.gods.nl/~forge/kenneyw.key

Re: [m2] Eclipse webapp lib

Posted by Pete <pe...@gmail.com>.

Re: [m2] Eclipse webapp lib

Posted by Srepfler Srgjan <sr...@lnksystem.com>.
Hi Brian,

Re: [m2] Eclipse webapp lib

Re: [m2] Eclipse webapp lib

Posted by Brian Bonner <bk...@gmail.com>.
No dice. I logged:  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ARCHETYPE-10 to
get to the root of this problem.  Hopefully someone will have a chance
and take a looksee.

Brian

Re: [m2] Eclipse webapp lib

Posted by Brian Bonner <bk...@gmail.com>.

Re: [m2] Eclipse webapp lib

Posted by Brian Bonner <bk...@gmail.com>.

Re: [m2] Eclipse webapp lib

Posted by Brian Bonner <bk...@gmail.com>.

Re: [m2] Eclipse webapp lib

Posted by Srepfler Srgjan <sr...@lnksystem.com>.
It could be ibiblio?

Re: [m2] Eclipse webapp lib

Posted by Brian Bonner <bk...@gmail.com>.

Re: [m2] Eclipse webapp lib

Posted by Srepfler Srgjan <sr...@lnksystem.com>.

Re: [m2] Eclipse webapp lib

Posted by Brian Bonner <bk...@gmail.com>.
Here's what I get when I try to do the mvn install on a clean unpack
of maven-j2ee-archetype:

C:\test\maven-archetype-j2ee>mvn install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.maven.archetypes
ArtifactId: maven-archetypes
Version: 1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT

  org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetypes:1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT:pom

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: POM 'org.apache.maven.archetyp
es:maven-archetypes' not found in repository: Unable to download the artifact fr
om any repository
  org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetypes:1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT:pom

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:359)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:276)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:113)
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)

Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: POM 'org.apache.ma
ven.archetypes:maven-archetypes' not found in repository: Unable to download the
 artifact from any repository
  org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetypes:1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT:pom

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

        at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepo
sitory(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:423)
        at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(D
efaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:955)
        at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMave
nProjectBuilder.java:586)
        at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFi
le(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:298)
        at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMave
nProjectBuilder.java:276)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProject(DefaultMaven.java:509)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java:441)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:345)
        ... 11 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactNotFoundException: Unable
to download the artifact from any repository
  org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetypes:1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT:pom

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

        at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(De
faultArtifactResolver.java:136)
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(De
faultArtifactResolver.java:63)
        at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepo
sitory(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:380)
        ... 18 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.ResourceDoesNotExistException: Unable to downl
oad the artifact from any repository
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact(Def
aultWagonManager.java:260)
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(De
faultArtifactResolver.java:124)
        ... 20 more
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Oct 27 10:06:54 EDT 2005
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---

Re: [m2] Eclipse webapp lib