Posted to user@ratis.apache.org by Riguz Lee <dr...@riguz.com> on 2022/03/01 01:50:31 UTC

How to check whether raft cluster is ready?

Hi there,

I'm using ratis together with springboot, what I'm trying to implement is:

* check the status of the raft cluster, ie. has the leader election already completed? This could be useful for checking the status of the server, more specificlly, in k8s liveness probe
* apply additional operation when the status of raft cluster changed, for example, subscribe to a message queue when current node become the leader

I couldn't found features like that, do someone has similar scenarios?

Thanks,

Riguz Lee

回复: How to check whether raft cluster is ready?

Posted by Riguz Lee <dr...@riguz.com>.
Hi&nbsp;Tsz-Wo,

Thanks very much for your reply, that's exactlly what I'm looking for!

Riguz

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raiguz,

Thanks for your questions.

> check the status of the raft cluster, ie. has the leader election already
completed? ...

We may use the GroupManagementApi.info(group) to get the group information
from any of the servers.  The API will return the information for each peer
at the viewpoint of that server.  Note that, due to the distributed nature
of a raft cluster, the viewpoints from different servers could possibly be
different.

> apply additional operation when the status of raft cluster changed, ...

This is an EventApi in StateMachine such that each state machine in any of
the servers can get notification of leader change; see
StateMachine.EventApi.notifyLeaderChanged(..).

Hope this helps.
Tsz-Wo