Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Mark Womack <ma...@womacknet.com> on 2002/11/22 07:08:29 UTC

JMS implementation?

Can someone point me at a reliable JMS (reference) implementation?  I did a
little work to create a JMSReceiver (based on the JMSSink class), and I want
to compile it.  But, I need some jms version in order to do this...

thanks,
-Mark

Re: JMS implementation?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
another open source alternative is openjms

http://openjms.sourceforge.net/

(from www.exolab.org)

- robert

Re: JMS implementation?

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
Try JMQ (Sun's reference implementation)

http://wwws.sun.com/software/download/products/Sun_tm__ONE_Msg_Que,_Platform_Ed..html

I'd also try JBoss' implementation.

The problem with JMS is that you have to try out things with at lest 3
different implementations. I use JMS, JBoss and Weblogic. As Jason Dillon
pointed out, SonicMQ also seems very popular.

If you just for need to compile using the JMS API, then you can get the JMS
API from Sun:

http://java.sun.com/products/jms/docs.html

--
Ceki