Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Peter Mayer <fu...@InBox.cc> on 2005/06/06 18:30:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Add Request Method by using SCRIPT / Bug?

Hello!

I would like to add the SEARCH method to the allowed request methods - with
the SCRIPT directive it should be no problem:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_actions.html#script
"Prior to Apache 1.3.10, method can only be one of GET, POST, PUT, or
DELETE. As of 1.3.10, any arbitrary method name may be used. Method names
are case-sensitive, so Script PUT and Script put  have two entirely
different effects."

So I added the following line to my apache config to make a proof of
concept:
"Script SEARCH /cgi-bin/printenv.pl"

But running the configuration test tool shows the following error:
"Syntax error on line 941 of C:/Programme/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Unknown method type for Script"

How can I resolve this?

Best regards,

Hansjoerg Posch

Re: [users@httpd] Add Request Method by using SCRIPT / Bug?

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Peter Mayer wrote:

> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_actions.html#script
> "Prior to Apache 1.3.10, method can only be one of GET, POST, PUT, or
> DELETE. As of 1.3.10, any arbitrary method name may be used. Method names
> are case-sensitive, so Script PUT and Script put  have two entirely
> different effects."
>
> So I added the following line to my apache config to make a proof of
> concept:
> "Script SEARCH /cgi-bin/printenv.pl"
>
> But running the configuration test tool shows the following error:
> "Syntax error on line 941 of C:/Programme/Apache
> Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> Unknown method type for Script"
>
> How can I resolve this?

Use 2.1 if you can. This is a bug in 2.0, which wasn't considered so
important so far that the fix it would be worth backporting ;)

FWIW, the bug is, that Apache 2 was forked from the 1.3 code base just
before 1.3.10 and nobody bothered to implement this in the 2.0 tree. In 2.1
it was re-added, as said.

nd